My own “ten lists.” That’s what I’m planning to do. It’s actually for a Squidoo lens that I’m going to be working on soon. Before I come up with my own “latest ten” lens, I want to be able to include other “ten lists” on it too. That way, my lens wouldn’t look so bare. This is one of those ideas that popped into my head — “ten things I like about Facebook.”
Get Facebook Buttons
Here is my own list:
- It’s my digital photo album. –With the advent of digital technology, I no longer need to have my photos developed. In a way, that’s a good thing. I simply choose which ones to print out and keep the rest on a digital photo album.
- It’s a way to communicate with others out there. –High school classmates, old colleagues are just some folks that one can find on Facebook. Plus, you can make new friends as well from anywhere in the world.
- I like reading others’ status updates. –It’s just interesting to read about real life stories. No, I don’t like to gossip, but I do enjoy the social connection.
- I like playing games once in a while. –I don’t play as much as I used to. But once in a while, it’s pretty good to waste a little time in games that I enjoy playing.
- Keeping in touch with old friends is a breeze. –This is presuming that your friend is actively posting on Facebook as well. Some folks put up an account but hardly ever log in.
- I can set up my own fan page. –I’ve set up two fan pages. You can check out one of them by clicking on the Facebook button above.
- It’s a good venue to promote online opportunities. –It’s not limited to online businesses or opportunities anymore. A lot of offline businesses are taking their business promotions online too. It’s a good way to build a loyal following.
- I like sharing my blog posts, Squidoo lenses, Hubpages hubs, and other articles on it. –It’s more fun to write when you know that someone’s reading it too.
- It’s a way to keep up with worldwide trends. –Together with Twitter, it’s also a way for me to learn of the latest news – local and international. I remember reading about Michael Jackson’s demise on Facebook a few years back.
- I can have an awesome cover photo. –Lame. But I’ve run out of stuff to add. The cover photo is a way for me to customize the look of my page, although I did like the old format better.
Well that’s my list! How about you? Are you on Facebook too? If so, what do you like about it? I welcome your feedback on this post! 😀
Comments Off on Ten Things I Like About Facebook